Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Are we making the wrong people rich?

No doubt you have been watching to see what will happen on Capital Hill and on Wall Street. The thought that a bunch of Wall Street rich dudes will get bailed out is really ticking a lot of folks off - including me. But of course this got me thinking...

Who are we making rich? Who are you making rich? Who in my life am I making rich? And I'm not talking about money.

We each have something to offer. You could call it the currency of life. It might be money, it might be time, it might be talents. And every day we spend some of those commodities somewhere. So in a sense we are taking what is ours to invest and putting it somewhere... So where are we putting it. Who is getting our best and becoming richer for it? Who are we making rich?

Am I investing time with my kids or someone else?

Am I spending more on my wife than on me?

Am I using my talents to bring people to Jesus or just to make me look good?

Am I giving any time to God?

Am I faithful in being generous?

Am I using my God given talents for God's glory?

Who are you making rich?

And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 2 Cor 8:1-2 (NIV)

No comments: