Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fireproof - AWESOME!

Wow! And that doesn't even touch it. My wife and I went to see Fireproof last night. This is an absolute must see for every couple. I mean a MUST SEE!

The story is about a fireman (Kirk Cameron) who is a hero at work - but losing his marriage. When his wife tells him she's through he finally get's it. He goes through a 40 day exercise to win her back. At the beginning he just goes through the motions, but eventually he realizes that he cannot do this alone. He needs to let God do it.

There are so many scenes I have seen played out. She is surrounded by friends who encourage her to bail. She is courted by a nice guy who "gets her". He let's his anger almost derail the process.

I cried. I cried a lot. Some of the tears were caused by the painful memories of seeing friends marriages crash and burn before my eyes. But most of them were tears of sadness for the times the story was about me. I was that guy at one time. I was the guy "saving the world" but neglecting my wife. I am in tears now as I think of how my wife stayed the course when I gave her every reason to bail.

The key line is "You never leave your partner behind, especially in a fire".

So many times I've seen it... and it's heart breaking.

See the movie, and don't see it alone. Take people with you. This will be the catalyst for saving marriages. Maybe yours.

Here's the link again to the movie.


Unless the LORD builds a house, the work of the builders is useless. Prov 127:1 (NLT)

No comments: