Monday, September 8, 2008

Whew!

Wow - What a weekend!

In this weekend's sermon I talked about the importance of prior planning.... Well, brother practice what you preach! Of course the prior planning leading up to this weekend needed to be done a while ago - A LONG WHILE AGO!

We had two birthday parties at the Scott house this weekend. One for my son who turned 21, and one for our youngest who turned 13. Add to that the Princess (our grand daughter) spent the night Saturday.

So here's the schedule:

Friday evening the "Girls" arrive - Yes, five girls to help celebrate our daughters inauguration into the world of the female teen... There was a lot of giggling, some squealing, and some texting, I'm sure there was some drama (but thankfully I was spared that)... And finally at 2:30 AM the noise subsided from the room next to ours.... Not without some serious threats I might add.

Saturday Beth and Dale drop off the Princess - she immediately sets up court - Man this grandpa gig is is fun - but exhausting! Now I have to go to church for the 5:30 service with sleep deprivation from the previous night.

Sunday - Wow what a great weekend. The new series is going to be good and we broke a regular weekend attendance record - We had 1210 in attendance (1st time over 1200 w/out it being a special weekend). Went home and snagged a 40 minute nap (Not nearly enough at my age).

And then "THEY" arrived - Some of Jon's buddies came over to help him eat our food and some Birthday cake and generally aggravate me. Not sure how many there - somewhere between 7 and 200. I base that count on the way the 25 hamburgers and 20 brats disappeared! Of course like any gathering that included Rusty Summay and Seth Quinton, there were physical threats of violence - FROM ME TO THEM! LOL

Finally after watching the Colts get beat by the Bears with my son-in-law (pray for him - he's now depressed over the loss) I went to bed. And of course I went to bed mad at my wife.

What was she thinking 13 years ago when she decided to have our third child! Not that I don't love here - but what kind of poor planning went into having two kids birthdays that close!

Especially when two really big one's 13 & 21 would fall in the same week!

She really should listen to my sermons. Especially the ones about prior planning!

3 comments:

We're One more Day Closer said...

Regarding your closing comment. Did you sleep on the Couch last night? LOL...

over 1200 huh, thats way cool!!!

Jim

Seth said...

i love you dean :)

sherrymyers said...

I laughed out loud at his one. I appreciate your humor.