Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm a little ticked.

Most of you recognize the picture right off the bat. It's the NBC logo - the "peacock". And right now I'm ready to pluck that bird!

So why am I ticked? Well like I mentioned in a previous post I was watching the Democratic National Convention and looking forward to watching the Republican Convention as well. And I did watch it last night and that's when it happened. That's when I was tempted to throw a shoe into the TV!

All during Fred Thompson's speech the NBC anchors and analysts felt it was their duty to help me understand what Thompson was telling me... like I'm some sort of idiot! Now I can appreciate political commentators whether I agree or not - that's their job. But when the network anchors make it so clear what side they are on it get's ridiculous. I like NBC. I like Brian Williams (maybe I'll invite him to dinner some time). But when they decided to do a play by play of Thompson's speech it just didn't sit well.

Sure - after it's over say all you want. Help the lame among us understand what was said - but don't do it instead of actually letting me hear it for myself!

I have to admit I was ready to watch Fox tonight just in case - thankfully they let Ruddy and Sarah have their full say tonight... just like they did all the main line speakers last week. Wake up media - I can't afford a new TV!

No comments: