Friday, September 12, 2008

My baby's a teenager!

I was planning on buying a new boat, I was thinking in just 10 more years our last child would be grown, I was getting used to the idea that we would only have two kids... then it happened. The little lines in the EPT test did what they do. I was shocked, maybe even in denial. It was not a mistake - but it was a surprise. I really don't think I accepted the fact that Melody was pregnant again until she was dilated about 6 centimeters!

That was then - 13 years ago - and it seems like yesterday. But now my baby is 13 years old! A teenager! We've been through this before - twice! Ready or not here we go again. But when you really think about it - it really is an awesome time. Of course there's the whole hormonal stuff, there can be the occasional "attitude", and the non-stop ringing of the phone. But really it's all good.

Nina is growing into a fine young woman - did I really just say that? Wow - but it's true - she's a woman! She can be lippy, she can be head strong, but she is awesome. Mom and Dad are both so proud of her. She loves the Lord and she loves people. I think she will one day change the world - at least the part she comes in contact with.

So baby - Dad loves you... And while you may have been a surprise - YOU WERE NEVER A MISTAKE!

3 comments:

We're One more Day Closer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
We're One more Day Closer said...

You do know that Doctors have a cure for the 'Surprize' syndrome!
Our youngest, 'Zacherdoo's' was also a surprize. He popped in 1 month before the scheduled Doctor appointment to cure the 'Surprize' syndrome, but he has been one of our greatest blessings.
Happy Birthday and "CONGRATS" Nina.

Andrew Gill said...

your best blog yet, dean. nina was lots of fun on our retreat this weekend. be sure to ask her about her llama and goat families :)