Saturday, September 20, 2008

Making phone calls

I'm sitting in my office with the Ryder Cup on the TV and I'm making phone calls. I make A LOT of phone calls and I get A LOT of phone calls.

The calls I'm making now are really great calls. I'm calling people that are interested in being members at Harmony. I love making these calls!

And I get to make these calls because some other great folks have already made phone calls. You see when new folks come to church we have a group of volunteers that contact them first. Many times before I touch base with someone they have gotten a number of contacts from others first. Great job!

But there is room for more - we are really having a lot of folks try out Harmony and we need even more folks willing to get on the phone and welcome them. If you'd like to try that let Dan know.

Like I said, "I've been making phone calls" - sure some of them were on me talking to someone's voice mail, one was a guy traveling in Eastern KY with a bad signal, but several were actual people exciting about finding Harmony. Folks chomping at the bit to get involved. People setting up times to be baptized or join the the church.

Have I mentioned lately that I love my job!

No comments: