Sunday, August 24, 2008

What a great week!

OK - my son keeps harping that this is a blog - not a sermon - so tonight I'll try to accommodate him. Yes - that's him in the pic. He sure was cute!

I had a great week.

I had a great 9 holes of golf - too bad we played 18.

Had an awesome meeting with the staff and elders at HCC - what an awesome bunch.

Had a great date night with my sweetie - had crab legs at the Chinese restaurant and then went to Kroger's - really it was nice... And we celebrated our 29th anniversary this week... "and they said it would never last".... She did remind me that our 30 year warranty is about to run out... I sure hope she wants an extension - I know I do.

I got to speak to the greatest congregation in the world, I got to speak the greatest word - God's - and I got to witness some folks deal with some stuff in their lives and two identify with Jesus by being baptized. Is God great or what?

I got to spend a little time with my son - he's turning into quite the philosopher. I'm so proud of the fine young man he has become.

I got to see my oldest daughter sing her heart out on stage. Makes me glad I did not kill her when she was 13. Babies you make me so proud. (Babies - because she's my baby, she has one of her own on the way)..... Wow!

I got to spend some time encouraging my youngest that the 7th grade will not last forever. She asked some folks to pray with her about it at church... It's such a joy seeing her try to apply God's principles.

I got a great big hug and kiss from my granddaughter - she is the BOMB!

Is this OK Jon?

1 comment:

sherrymyers said...

It's my first visit to your blog and I enjoyed your personal touch. Well done!
I appreciate the encouragement and all you do for us and our Lord!!