Thursday, August 28, 2008

Outside the box

Well we have a new family member - It is at this time an unnamed gerbil - or as I like to call it - a rat! I won't go into the details but I had a deal with my youngest (Nina) and she held up her end of the bargain. So now we have another rodent that will live it's life in a box.

But how many times do we do the same thing? How many times do we live life "inside a box"? We don't allow ourselves to be stretched or challenged. We put our lives on auto pilot and just coast through life.

This can even happen in church and does. I see churches all around that are just doing the same old same old. And one thing I appreciate about the leadership at Harmony is that we don't settle for that. We push each other to "think outside the box."

Take this weekend for example - we're between sermon series right now. We just finished one and in two weeks we will start another one - and it's really going to be cool. But this week I'm asking the church if they are willing to "think outside the box"? I'm also challenging them to live outside the box. Since we worship in a former BIG BOX STORE it has some practical applications.

This weekend I will be sharing about the persecuted church around the world. We will be spending some special time in prayer for our brothers and sisters who share our faith - but do so at incredible personal cost.

So join me in prayer that our hearts will be moved by God's word and His spirit as we consider the plight of literally millions of believers. And that we will no longer be content to just view them from "inside our box."

1 comment:

Hajiii said...

Man I agree with what you say, whole-heartedly. I believe we all should think outside the box, it would do the world some good.

Taylor

check my blogs out sometime :)