Monday, October 27, 2008

What a weekend!


Normally when I talk about the weekend I'm talking about what went on at Harmony Christian Church and I guess I am now in some fashion.

The weekend started on Friday n
ight with a Volunteer Appreciation Banquet - wow - what a great time to celebrate with a bunch of folks that make HCC such a great place...




Then Saturday and Sunday 21 of us went on our first every men's golf trip. We went to Dale Hollow State Resort and had a ball. I can honestly say it was the most beautiful golf course I have ever seen. I can also say it kicked my butt! I did not know any one person could lose that many golf balls!

The highlight for me was hiking Sunday morning to a cave that Dave Parrish had found several years ago. We went up there before we played on Sunday and had church in the mouth of it with an incredible view of a ravine. It was breathtaking. Note to self -don't eat so many biscuits before hiking in the hills!



We're already talking about doing this again next year... I can't wait....

2 comments:

UKDan said...

It was a great weekend...I just need to find a better form of transportation!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend, we did too, except that we REALLY, REALLY missed our preacher!