Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What I love about E-Mail

This is going to be a two-part post. The first part is "What I love about E-Mail" - the next part will be "What I hate about E-mail". So here goes - and this is not an exhaustive list - but it would be great to hear your additions to the list....

I love how it as a very effective way of communication.

I love to get pics of new borns (even though they aren't as cute as my grand daugher)

I love to get sermon ideas.

I love to get pics of big fish and monster bucks (deer)

I love to not have to be on the phone with long winded people (at least some long winded people).

I love to send little notes to my wife and get them back too!

I love a good joke.

I love how it eliminates some meetings.

I love of how it can be used for evangelism and discipleship.

OK - add to the list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love email because I can deal with requests at my own convenience

I love email because I dont have to spend .43 for a stamp to catch up with loved ones and old friends. Let see, On the average I send 25 emails a day (work & personal). Today is the 295 day of the 2008 so I have save $7,375 this year on stamps!! :)

I love that I can email important documents attached to an email instead of mailing them and the recipient gets them INSTANTLY.

I love email because I can say what I have to say to as many people at one time as I need to by sending one email to a group of people like my lifeteam, instead of having to call each of them individually.

I love email because I can email you at 3:00 in the morning when I can not sleep and you will still be my friend tomorrow because I did not wake you up!!

I love email because I have written confirmation of someone's "word". (you know this will also appear on my why I hate email)

I love email because I can trash/delete junk mail without having to carry it to the recycling bin.

I love email because it simply makes my life and job simplier!!

We're One more Day Closer said...

I know that sending email and communicating electronically taken to an extreme can detract from personal relationships. But on the other hand it has opened a whole new world of communication and information sharing that was not previously possible.

Personally I have written very few letters, in 45 years (46 as of tomorrow) of living I can count on two hands the number of letters I have written. But like anonymous, I send and receive anywhere from 20 to sometimes 50 emails a day (work and personal). I also have found that I can communicate my thoughts much more effectively when I write them. So for me I love the level of communication that occurs and the way it shrinks the world that we live in.