Monday, October 13, 2008

Some times your heart just aches.

The picture I've posted is of Tim Schindler and his newly adopted daughter - as a matter of fact they are still in China getting her - if you want some interesting reading - check out his wife's blog - it's amazing as she chronicles their journey.

But that's not the prayer request. Actually I have a couple. We just got back from Chicago and while we were there we visited with my wife's parents who live a couple hours west of there. Their health is not good and every time we go we have the painful reminder that it could be our last visit with either one of them.

On top of that Melody's dearest friend had a heart attack a few weeks back and it doesn't look good. Her heart is only functioning about 20%. Her husband is not much better with his own health. They have two boys - one 16 and one 12. They have asked us to be their God Parents and take them as our own if something were to happen.

It is a HUGE responsibility to accept such a challenge and we are really praying about it. But as I have been reading Tim's blog - I feel a tug to step up on this request. But it's hard - very hard.

And I ache for the pain my wife is going through right now. Please keep her in your prayers - me too.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I agree the God-parent choice is a huge one. I am on the other side of that issue-- my wife and I are trying to decide who best to name as guardian of our 4 children. As stewards of their lives, it is hard to put that much trust in another person. It is honorable that they have put this much confidence in you-- but that still doesn't make the decision any easier. I have become very aware of the need for Christians to care for the worlds orphans. Perhaps this is one of the ways God would have you answer that call?

tim said...

Thanks again for your prayers for me and my family.