Monday, October 6, 2008

My friend David

Many of you know my friend David Parrish - he really is a great guy. When we moved to G-town waiting for our house to be finished he let us live in his double-wide trailer out at Parrish Lakes. And over the years he has helped me with a lot of things.

When I finished John's room in the basement he checked my wiring job to make sure I didn't burn down the house. He's helped me tons with my woodworking skills and loaned me some really nice tools from time to time. He's been a consistent golf coach over the last 11 years and seen my game improve dramatically. He's helped me over the years develop the golf league into a wonderful outreach. I've even got to fish with him once or twice at Victoria Estates (although his wife is a lot better than he is).

Over the years I have grown to love Dave and Gloria a lot. We have a kindred spirit. And while we don't go out as couples as much as I'd like we have always enjoyed our time together.

Well today Dave showed me something else. Something I'd only seen on TV - Today Dave got a hole-in-one on the 10th hole at Ducker's Lake. It was amazing and I was so glad I got to share that moment with him - and now with you.

But as exciting as that is... I have seen Dave and Gloria pour their lives into those of hurting people. You see Dave and Gloria met in a divorce recovery class, they fell in love and married. Now together they are taking what they have learned and sharing it with others.

David may have gotten his first hole-in-one today - but he's using his life to help make broken people "whole" again. And that's a much better accomplishment.

God bless you my friend.

No comments: