Thursday, October 30, 2008

At least somebody is making money!

I read Yahoo news every day (several times on some days). I watch the morning and evening news. Sometimes in my office I have Fox news in the background. I'm not sure this is a good thing but it does help keep me current. It also is infuriating sometimes - LIKE TODAY!

In the news today Exxon-Mobile's profits were posted for the 3rd quarter. Poor souls are struggling right now. Their profits for the last quarter were a mere 14.83 Billion Dollars. This is what that looks like - $14,830,000,000.00.

It is also noted that not only is this yet another record for the oil company - but a record for any US Company ever! The article shared how the profit was driven by the higher crude prices and the fact they were given a pass on much of the fine they were supposed to pay for the Exxon Valdez oil spill.

So lets all say a big hooray for these folks... They hit the mother load. And I'm so glad I could help every time I filled my tank. And I sure hope they don't suffer too much with the falling price of crude.

CAN SOMEBODY SAY THERE'S SOME GOUGING GOING ON!

OK - I have to stop now... my fingers are wanting me to type some bad words and I have to bandage my hand - I hurt it when I punched the screen on my computer!

UUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

3 comments:

We're One more Day Closer said...

To put it in perspective... They made 14.2 billion profit in a 3 month peroiod. Today it was also announced that the merger of NW and Delta Airlines was approved. The price that is being paid for Delta Airlines, lock stock and barrel is a mere 2.8 Billion.

That is sick!

Andrew Gill said...

Here's a fun site:
http://www.ExxonMcCain.com

I'm just saying :)

We're One more Day Closer said...

Where is the Fun???http://www.ExxonMcCain.com, appears to be more of a biased propaganda site than a site intended for fun... now this is a fun site: http://majman.net/fly_loader.html -you can call it a Redneck Play Station! :)