Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Heading to the Windy City

It seems like yesterday I was 18 years old and driving into Chicago for the first time. I was an incoming Freshman at Moody Bible Institute (MBI). A lot happened in my life there. I met some life long friends on the 3rd floor of Culbertson Hall. I gained an incredible love of learning. I got to experience some of the great culture and cuisine of Chicago. And I met the most wonderful young woman in the world. And while I can't really call her young any more - for 30 years she has been by my side.

Well tomorrow (Thursday) we are making the trip again. We're taking Jon to check out MBI. He's considering attending there too. We will get there early enough to check out some of the cuisine - Gino's here we come! And I might even catch a late night #1. A #1 is a hamburger, fries and shake from this place called "Mr G's". It's right down the street from Moody and the reason I went from 175 to 210 pounds in just two years. My mouth is watering right now.

Please keep us in prayer as we travel and pray with Jon about his college selection. This is a big deal. Also because I will be away from my computer for a few days, I will not be blogging. I will give an update when I get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr G's is no longer here. Torn down this spring. Sad indeed. But J's is still available as a back up. Enjoy your visit!

Deano said...

OK - Chris Arndt who are you and how do you know about "G's" - we've got to talk - obviously you have inside knowledge about MBI - e-mail me - We need to compare notes!

dino26@roadrunner.com