Friday, January 30, 2009

Exxon Mobile Profits

245 / 1.2 / 20 - Much Better!

OK - Now it's official - I'm ticked off!

I read Yahoo news pretty much every day (often several times a day). Well, today I read something that hit me wrong - I'm guessing it will you to.

Exxon-Mobil just posted their year end profits for 2008. Well there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that their 4th quarter profits were down 33% from the 4th quarter in 2007 (Not to worry - it wasn't a loss - just not as much profit). Now the "good news" - their annual profit was a record breaking 45.2 Billion. Poor souls broke their own record of 40.6 Billion in 2007!

It's just nice to know that while we are facing enormous lay offs, foreclosures, bankruptcies, and various other economy woes we call all pitch in and help out a "brother".

So every time you fill up and wonder why the price at the pump is going up while the price of sweet crude is going down just smile and feel good. You and I are doing our part to help Exxon Mobil maintain the standard of living they so deserve.

OK - I've vented - now I have to go fill up my truck and PUKE!

For the complete story on Yahoo go here.

1 comment:

Donovan said...

Ha, don't hold back! The oil companies along with the bank executives get me aggravated to say the least.