Monday, January 12, 2009

Amazing Weekend!

250.6 / 4.2 / 14.4 - Woo Hoo !!!!

What an amazing weekend! PTL! WOW! AWESOME! AMAZING! etc, etc, etc......

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Harmony! It's no secret that I love my job - I really do... but sometimes it's just over the top! This weekend was like that.

First, we blew the doors off Saturday night with 319 in attendance! And I did something I've never done before - I did the Texas Two Step - ON STAGE - with someone who was not my wife! You'll just have to watch the video to see it and know why.

Sunday was even better - I danced with a man! Again, you'll just have to watch the video. But thanks Joey Jones for showing me how to do the two-step at the 9:00 service. And a big thanks to Susan Dummer for helping me out at 10:45 - she danced the two-step like only a Texan can do it.... and for her benefit - "Go Aggies" and thanks for Billy G!

Our overall attendance was 1268 and we had one transfer and after church we had a baptism! I love doing that! Then the greatest blessing of all. After church a friend of mine named Pat came up and said he wanted to get baptized too and wondered if I could find the time? Well DUH - Of course I could! So at 3:00 in the afternoon I met him and his son and two other friends and we got 'R done!

Now here's the best part - I have been working with Pat for a couple of years and he's been a joy to watch in the journey. He had tons of questions and was really honest about his doubts - but God is not afraid of our questions and our doubts don't bother Him either as long as we're serious about wanting to know. Pat was and now he's made the step. I was blessed to see it!

The Cafe continues to be a "hot spot"... Folks are coming earlier to hang out and don't know how to leave once church is over. Man, I love that! Saturday night I even told some how to turn out the lights when they leave. It's like every service is a family reunion and I really think that's what God had in mind when he started this whole thing we call the church. Maybe that's why it's so often called in the Bible a family.

God bless you all.

4 comments:

Randy said...

Now I understand why the computer recording the video went belly up this weekend. Sorry, no proof of you doing the two-step. I would have liked to have seen that too.

Shayni said...

http://calendar.kentucky.com/lexington-ky/events/show/85625969-beginning-crossstep-waltz-classes

Not Arthur Murray but maybe cheaper!

Deano said...

Thanks Shayni - but without my weekend dance partners it just wouldn't be the same - LOL

Donovan said...

Good message Sunday.