Monday, January 26, 2009

Romantic Weekend!

245.7 / + .7 / 19.3 - Not bad for a weekend in Pigeon Forge!

OK - I wanted to write about our weekend - I planned and executed a romantic weekend for my wife - and boy did she need it. Lot's going on in our world right now. So I'll just list some high points - OK - Not all the High Points - ;)

1 - The destination was a surprise (Pigeon Forge) - she knew we were going, just not where.

2 - The drive down was amazing - just spending a few un-interrupted hours with her was awesome!

3 - Shopping with her. When we got there I gave her a couple hundred bucks with clear instructions - she could not buy anything for anyone but her! And I was willing to go anywhere she wanted and and look at anything she wanted to see - THIS WAS HER WEEKEND and all I wanted was to share it with her. So that meant we went to a number of Christmas stores, a couple of pottery type places and we went shopping for a purse - she wound up getting two! And yes men I stayed with her all the way. Although she did wander off a couple of times - but I found her!

4 - We stayed at a Quality Inn with both a jacuzzi and fire place - can I get an ooo-la-la? It was awesome. We even took a break Saturday afternoon just long enough to see the 2nd half of the UK - Ala game - GO CATS!

5 - We ate at the Applewood Family Restaurant (light #0 in Pigeon Forge or is it Sevierville?) Whatever - that's where I gained the .7 pounds - could have been 7 pounds! It was phenomenal!

6 - Sunday afternoon we visited a number of shops and galleries in the Arts and Crafts community in Gatlinburg - Wow! About 2/3 of the places we went past were closed - not sure if it was because it was Sunday or winter hours or the economy. But we still had a blast!

7 - And one of the coolest things was we got to use our AARP card! Yep - Melody has been dodging getting hers for over a year but I insisted. Well they came in this past week and we got 10% at the hotel. SWEET! That's why I married an older woman! Some of you may not know this - but I'm not old enough to get the AARP card yet (at least not till April). But I'm all about getting that Sr discount wherever I can!


So guys - get off your butt and do something romantic for your wife - and ladies - feel free to share this blog with your man!

And baby - thanks for a great weekend and I love you most - "I'm just sayin'".

2 comments:

Donovan said...

Good for you! I'm glad you had a good time!!!

goColts said...

Dean, you absolutely rock!! Richard and I have known you and Melody for ten years now and you are such a testimony for other couples! And thanks, for working on your marriage at all times and never taking it for granted. Richard and I are always adamant about getting away, just the two of us every couple of years. People just do not know how incredibly important it is, to put your marriage first, not the kids. As long as your marriage is high priority all other things fall into place! I'm so happy you had a terrific time and just so you know, we go down to Gatlinburg a lot. We LOVE the arts and crafts community and as far as it being close, it's yes; because it was a Sunday and the time of year. Not very busy right now!
Blessings to you my friend!!
Vikki