Monday, December 1, 2008

Weekend Update

Wow what a great weekend - here's a recap.

Thursday - slept in, watched football - had dinner w/ the family (including Beth, Dale, and Abigail) - we were celebrating Beth's 27th birthday - seems like yesterday Melody and I were two clueless kids putting our new born in the car and thinking, "what do we do now?" Thursday was a great day!

Friday - slept in - headed to my brother's house in Flemingsburg (our annual Thanksgiving get together with his family). Pigged out - I MEAN PIGGED OUT! Headed home a little before midnight and heard what seemed like a UK pre-game on the radio. What's up with a Midnight tip-off? Anyway listened to the first half on the way back to G-town. Tried to get the 2nd half on TV - Yes it was on - but not on a channel I get - so I went up into my office and listened on the computer - pretty cool. And they found a way to win - GO CATS!

Saturday - slept in (I see a pattern here - sweeet!). Watched some football in the afternoon and grazed on left overs. About 6:30 Tim King came over to watch the UK - TN game - Rodney Quinton joined us about 7:00 (A huge Tennessee fan). It got ugly! Thought I'd have to kill him! At 10:30 watched the UK - WV game - I think they are making progress - I also think Michael Porter needs to hang it up as a point guard!

Sunday - slept in (till 9:00) - went to the 10:45 service, saw my birthday girl (Beth) singing in the praise team - cried a little - enjoyed a great message by Paul Curtis. Went to Golden Coral with the family. Came home intending to nap a little and wound up making a hospital call with my wife. And then went shopping.

All in all - a great weekend - hope yours was just as good.

1 comment:

my muse, my art said...

That picture looks like you! :) Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. You deserve it.