Thursday, December 4, 2008

Be careful who you hang up on!

Most of you reading this have probably signed up on a "no call list" so people you don't know, selling stuff you don't want, can't call you at supper time. I did as soon as it came out.

But still I get a call once in a while - usually from political or non-profit organizations. And sometimes I'll give them a hearing and sometimes I just politely tell them I'm tapped out. But what happens when you get the really persistent ones? You know the ones who say, "I understand you can't afford $1,000.00 a week pledge - but what about $500.00 a week? No - how about $2.00? Can we count on you for anything? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Well - call me rude - but sometimes I actually hang up on them. Yes, I said it - I hang up.

Well this morning I'm reading Yahoo news and I read this really funny story about a US Representative (R) who hung up on our President Elect. And she did it twice because she thought it was a prank call. You can read the story here if you like... It is funny.

So here's something to think about.

How often do we hang up on God? How many times does he want to talk with us and we hang up? An issue comes up in life and we blow it off as just the normal junk of life and don't pray about it, while God is waiting to talk to us about it. How many times do we let other things "beep in" on our line when we should not take that call but stay connected with our Heavenly Father? Have we ever been guilty of putting Jesus on some "no call" list?

Be careful who you hang up on!

No comments: