Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Update

Wow - what a great weekend! Busy but great!

The marriage retreat was just awesome. 37 couples took time from their busy schedules to work on their marriage. GREAT JOB GANG! Ed and Jera Laurel are amazing - they led the retreat and man they hit it out of the park. I think everyone had a great time - I know I did.

Saturday night and Sunday we had some awesome services. Damon and Jason (along with Brandon and Nell Anne) did a great acoustic set that really set the tone for people to hear God's word. I really felt like the sermon on Serving was spot on. I generally just aim at myself and man did I get beat up. Sometimes I don't do well with this serving thing. But studying again the servanthood of Jesus was awesome.

No - I did not get to go after Bambi's daddy - I did however get a nice nap and then watched some football.

Keep the church in prayer this week. We have two more "Grow Pastor" candidates coming in and hope to be able to make an offer after this weekend. I can't wait! God is just rocking this place right now!

No comments: