Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A new number - uggghhh

Here's a pic of my new phone - it's a cool Blackberry Curve.

Now here's the deal - I bit the bullet and got a "family plan" for our cell phones. I've been dodging it for some time. Long story short - I wound up having to get a new number - DON'T ASK! Anyway - now I have to make contact with hundreds of people and tell them my old numbers will no longer work.

For those interested here is my new number - 502-316-1851 - and now I can read texts w/out having to pay 20 cents each time.

And then I got to thinking about this in spiritual terms. We are doing this series about discipleship and it dawned on me - when it comes to me being like Christ - what "numbers" in my life need to be changing as well?

Maybe there are some folks in my life that don't need to be "in my five" anymore. People that have too much negative influence on me.

Maybe there are some others that need to be added. Some people that God wants me to be an influence on.

And of course I need to have God on speed dial - I need to spend tons of time talking with Him - and the cool thing is that there are no "roaming charges"!

In the Christian life there are times when I need to be changing my number - what about you?

1 comment:

Randy said...

You really do have a gift of turning anything into a sermon!