Friday, April 17, 2009

Roller Coaster Week!

239.8 / -2.2 / 25.2

Talk about a roller coaster week! Have you ever had one of those weeks where it's just up and down every day (even moment by moment). Well that's been my week.

The weekend was just awesome, celebrating the resurrection with the largest crowd I've ever preached to, seeing men, women and children respond, even a baptism - wow!

Then we go public with Nell Anne's resignation - and while I had been able to deal with it for a few weeks personally - others were in the initial shock stage - so there was some comforting and encouraging.

Tuesday in my life team (and the other half - we split a year ago) - we see two men accept Christ - AWESOME - this is why we do Lifeteams!

- Wednesday we get the disturbing news that some punk kid has been messing with my baby - and yes for a moment I was ready to get a gun! We survived the drama and trauma and with Connie Morse's help saw it dealt with professionally and effectively - its all good and some valuable lessons learned.

In the midst of all this - there was some infighting trying to rear its ugly head. Good people on both sides of a tough issue - and the Devil in the middle trying to get everyone side tracked. FOLKS - THE DEVIL IS REALLY "PISSED" RIGHT NOW - SO WATCH AND PRAY! But it all worked out - humility ruled the day, there were some "sit down face to face" meetings that I think honored Jesus and helped everyone! For those who know what I'm talking about - YOU GUYS ROCK! For those who don't - just learn this - don't battle via e-mail, facebook, or blogs... if you have an issue with a brother or sister - go to them personally.

Then I get to sit down with Mike (a guy who is going to be baptized this weekend) and watch him receive Christ by faith!

Thursday I take a couple hours to play golf - get about 100 phone calls and e-mails and just post a horrible score - 96 - ugghhhh. No problems - just folks trying to show love for Nell Anne.

But now it's Mel-O-Day (formerly known as Friday) and I get to spend it with my honey, Melody - hence the name change.

And through all of this, I'm reminded of maybe my favorite verse - "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," (Eph 3:20 NIV)

Folks - I just can't wait to see what God is going to do this next week! Wow!

2 comments:

Donovan said...

Good post Dean! It has been a tough week for me as well. Thank the good Lord that he never leaves or forsakes us!!

CurlyRedHead said...

Mel-o-day. Love it.

This week has been a wild ride. But the destination will be worth it. :)