Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Florida Update

242 / +1.8 / 23 (weight today / +/- since last post / total loss)

OK - I'm back - well sort of - still recovering! But what a great trip.

Sunny and warm for 6 days - 83-90 degrees but windy! 20-30 mph everyday - tough to fish on Istokpoga with that wind. We did fish three days and caught fish every day on the lake. Decided to go to the Everglades (to fish the canals). Tons of fish and the wind was manageable in the canals. We caught 60 one day, 150 another day, and 350 the last day. Yes 350 bass! Biggest was about 3.5 lbs.

Last day it was storming in the morning and the weather report for the afternoon was 30 mph winds -so we loaded up and drove home.

All in all a fantastic trip. Thanks for the prayers for safety - it was a very good trip - but I'm glad to be home and pumped about this weekend and next - EASTER!

And hey - I basically stayed true to the diet and did not gain any weight! Sweet! Still got a ways to go - but I'm getting there.

Oh, the guy in the picture told me to say "hi to all my friends"....

No comments: