Friday, April 3, 2009

No Jason Brown, I'm not telling you!

241 / -1 / 24

No Jason Brown, I'm not telling you! OK - that's an inside joke that I'm going to let you in on. Jason Brown, is a preacher friend of mine who's parents attend Harmony. He has been wearing me out on Facebook wondering what's going to happen this weekend. I keep telling him he'll just have to wait like everyone else!

But Jason is not the only one asking - and I'm not the only one being asked - all the staff is being asked - what's the buzz? What's the big surprise? Are we launching a new service? Are we going to buy another Wal-Mart? Are we finally getting a good preacher? OK - let me give you a hint - No to all those suggestions and many others I have heard.

But I do want to clue you in a little bit. Come Saturday or Sunday (or both) expecting something unexpected! Imagine you are at Rupp Arena, the Cats have just won the NCAA tournament (I know for some this might be a stretch right now), the place is packed, and everyone is waiting the arrival of the team. They are coming into the arena on a big bus. They finally get there, and as they are filing off the bus their names are blaring over the sound system. Just how excited would the Big Blue Nation be? And what if you could be right there?

Well we are going to issue a challenge this weekend that is so big - and the expectation so high that you will either think we have lost our minds or you will just pass out! OK, you may not pass out - but we will have smelling sauce on hand. But my prayer is that you say wow - what if? What if we really did see this happen? What if what is being proposed is actually the reality a year from now? What if what God is doing at Harmony is bigger news than John Calipari coming to Lexington? What if it's so big that we know without a doubt that it's a God thing?

Well, Jason Brown you'll just have to wait, but like I said, "you are welcome to come out on Saturday night and be with us." And everyone else is welcome too. You really don't want to miss this!

No comments: