Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Update

243.8 / +.2 / 21.2

Busy weekend - Melody out of town Fri - Sun scrapping thing at Gen. Butler State Park.... she had a good time with some "issues" - but what event does not have some glitches.

Saturday - went to Lebanon Junction (south of Louisville on I-65). I participated in the funeral for Norma Jackson. She was my secretary at North Bullitt Christian Church. I led a prayer and was a pall bearer. I've never been a pall bearer before - it is a sobering experience. It was really good to hook up with some old friends from our days in Louisville. Wow - some of those folks are getting old!

Sunday - went to the 9:00 service - worship was awesome and Andrew Gill rocked the house. Great message on forgiveness. Our youth are so blessed to have a guy like him leading... check out the sermon on our website.

Sunday afternoon - Tim King, Nina and I went to the Bass Pro Shop - we were there with like 10,000 of our closest friends... Man was it crowded.. but we had fun. Got to check out some new fishing stuff and saw them feed the fish in the big tank. Man I want to get a hold on that 12 pound large mouth they have in there!

Time with Nina - Nina has been going through a rough spot - but we had some great talks this weekend - she is such a wonderful young lady. I loved the time with just us.

Sunday afternoon - when we got home - Melody had just gotten there... sweet! My baby is back home. We had some great conversation about her trip, our life, our daughter and stuff in general.

OH - WE ALSO WENT OVER AND SAW HAYDEN! The new grandbaby is rocking our world! And Abigail never ceases to amaze us.

Is God good or what?

1 comment:

Donovan said...

Yes, God is good! Thanks for sharing about your weekend.