Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm just saying....

242 / +2 / -23

"I'm just saying"... Have you caught yourself saying that? I have. It's one of those phrases that catches on and then gets used to death! And I will likely do it myself, but it got me thinking. What are we just saying?
WARNING RANT COMING!

So what are we saying? I get really ticked when I hear people say "Oh my God!", I even see people text it (OMG)." Excuse me - I can understand using the Lord's name in vain slipping out (not an excuse here) -but give me a break. When you are at the key board or keypad on your phone - you have to put in those letters! So I ask people once in a while if they are praying or just using the Lord's name in vain? Come on people!

The "F" bomb - you just gotta love it when that one is dropped. Of course in my line of work most people don't use it around me... but I see it in texts, on MySpace and Facebook. I have recently dropped two "friends" from my Facebook list for a proliferation of the "F"bomb. Again - this is something someone took the time to type in! My daughter even warned her friends not to cuss while texting her - because I would block thier numbers if I saw it.

But how does, "I'm just saying" line up with how I'm living? Are we saying we are Christ followers but all the while more like casual spectators? Are we saying that Jesus Christ is #1 in our lives - but the evidence proves he is way down the list? Are we saying that we trust him - but act like the sky is falling everytime one of life's little surprises shows up?

"I'm just saying" will run it's course, but what about what we are actually saying? Let me put it this way. If how we are living is not lining up with what we are saying we need to change how we are living. If we are not willing to change that - then we need to just SHUT IT!
I'm just saying.....

4 comments:

Andrew Gill said...

ahem...better get on that treadmill dude...i'm just saying :)

We're One more Day Closer said...

+ 2, so that explains your absence... me... I don't have an excuse!

Deano said...

I blame it on Facebook! Both the lack of treadmill activity and blog posts.... I'm just sayin'

Donovan said...

Good post and I agree with you. I do not understand why anyone would take the Lord's name in vain. But then... Christians??? Why?? We have become too lax in our speech and writing. It's really sad and I know God is not amused. Good job!