Thursday, February 19, 2009

Did you know?

242 / -1.3 / 23

So my wife sends me this e-mail about aluminum foil - and here's the deal. Did you know they have little tabs on the end of the box that you can push in to lock in the roll? That keeps the roll from coming out when you pull out X amount of foil. Guess what - they have the same thing on other types of stuff too. Like Saran Wrap, even the "cheapo stuff" - I checked!

Who hasn't tried to pull out some foil or plastic wrap only to have the roll come out of the box, hit the floor and roll away. And can you explain this to me - how it will easily unroll going across the floor - but when you need just so much to cover a dish it fights you tooth and nail? That's another post!

Anyway - I got to thinking. How often is my life like that? How many times have I tried to do something only to have something jump out of the box and take off on it's own? Attempt a new ministry only to see it unravel. Come up with a creative idea only to find out that while it was creative - it was also unfruitful. I wonder if I have the tabs pushed in to keep the roll in place?

So what tabs does God have in place to keep me centered? Keep the stuff in the box that needs to stay there, while letting out what needs to be let out? And what about you?

All you have to do to make the foil stay put is push in the little tabs - it's that simple. So where is God wanting to push in the tabs in your life? Are you letting Him do it? Or would you rather go free wheeling where ever you want to?

2 comments:

Bigdaddymatty said...

Good word. You definitely got me thinking!

Donovan said...

Great post, I've got some tabs that need to be pushed in. Thanks for the wisdom of your words.