Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Picture is worth a 1,000 words

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. And this picture says way more than that.

At first glace it is three of our youth praying over some backpacks. Three of 364 that are being handed out to homeless men and women in Nashville today. This was a cooperative effort from HCC and several other churches to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

But there is so much more for me than just this (not that this is not simply AMAZING!). During the time of worship I was sitting next to Beth, my 29 year old daughter. And we were both in tears. And I was reflecting. I was remembering how 13 years earlier our family had moved from Louisville to Georgetown. I was remembering how difficult it was for Beth, who was just turning 16. How she had gone from being a big fish in a little pond (small Christian school), to being the "New Kid" a Scott County High School. I was remembering how she hated it, maybe hated us, and possibly God for the upheaval in her world.

As I was holding her hand I whispered... "Do you realize there are more Jr an Sr High kids here right now than there were total people at HCC back then?" I was overwhelmed by God's grace to me, my family, our church, and my daughter. She looked at me and said, "I would do it all again"....

John said it best in 3 John 3:4 - "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in truth".

I'm so proud of you baby! It is an unbelievable blessing to share this ministry with our family! It is awesome that I get to share it with you! Now where did I put those tissues?

No comments: