Monday, April 12, 2010

The Masters!

The Masters .....

I'm guessing everyone reading this knows who's in the picture. But just in case, that is Phil Mickelson with his wife Amy. He had just won the Masters golf tournament - the "mac daddy" in golf.

And in so doing he showed Tiger Woods how it's done. Not just in having the best score after 72 holes - but how to love and support his wife.

Sure Tiger has more wins, more money, and more endorsements than Phil. But Phil has something so much more - respect. He has the respect of the other players, his fans and his family.

Over the last couple of years he has been missing tournaments to be with his wife as she battled cancer. Tiger on the other hand has been ..... well we all know what he's been .....

I am a fan of both men. Tiger because of the way he plays the game - he is an incredible golfer. Phil because he knows what's most important. I pray for Tiger. I pray that he can get his family life in order. I pray that he beats his demons. I pray that he learns to get to know the God who's name he loves to take in vain. I pray that he can learn from other men like Phil Mickelson that this is just a game, maybe even just a job, but at the end of the day he is a husband, father, and son.

Winning the Masters is a big deal - mastering your own life is a bigger deal.

Don't forget you can now follow me on twitter - http://twitter.com/Dino2525

No comments: