Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Prayer and Fasting pt 3

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. Psa 141:2 (NIV)

As we continue moving toward the weekend I want to offer some more suggestions for our fasting. These are not original they are from Perry Nobel's blog. But they are great.

  • You can fast for a day or two…or all week, whatever the Lord puts on your heart.
  • You can fast for a specific time period (like from 5:00 pm one day until 5:00 pm the next day.)
  • You can fast from a particular meal.
  • You can fast from a particular type of food.
  • You can fast from something other than food (like maybe facebook or twitter!)
I believe God wants to rock some people's worlds and I for one want to join Him in that - will you join with me?

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Mat 21:22 (NIV)

1 comment:

Donovan said...

You are so right, but... fast facebook? ummmm :)